Do Not Miss! On August 24 and 25, American cars will be displayed in Le Brusc
More than 250 collectible cars will be displayed through the week-end.
The event will include an American market with Sun Vintage and U.S. stands, parade ofcars along Harley Davidson, rides for the public, a parade of pinups and the election of “Miss Pinup Brusc”, Rock and Country Music bands performance, form.
More information at Comité de Liaison des Associations Bruscaines
- Frederic Dumas Historical Diving Museum – Video
- Map of residences of German and Austrian artists and intellectual exiled (1933-1945)
An unique place on the Provence coast, is the little fishing town of Sanary-sur-mer. Its climate, location, history, culture and lifestyle make it an ideal choice to start discovering the coast of Provence.
Sanary – Facts of interest
- Greeks and romans had trading posts in the gulfs around Sanary-sur-mer. The surrounding beaches are rich in archeological vestiges and ruins (i.e:Port Issol)
- Intellectual and artists took refuge in Sanary-sur-mer between 1st and 2nd world wars – B. Brecht, T. Mann… lived in still existing houses in Sanary-sur-mer. Other famous anglo-saxon writers have spent time in Sanary. Amoung them, Aldous Huxley who wrote Brave New World (1932) in 4 months in La Gorguette area in Sanary-sur-mer
- Sanary is considered as the birth place of modern scuba diving and underwater movies. F. Dumas, P. Tailliez and J.Y Cousteau, also known as 'Mousquemers', experimented modern scuba diving equipment and made famous underwater movies in the sea around Sanary-sur-mer (Port Issol, Bandol bay).
- Sanary-sur-mer is known for its unique wooden fishing boats
- Some of the eldest wineyeards (dating from roman empire) can be found in Bandol, Le Beausset, … few miles west of Sanary-sur-mer.
Official site of the city of Sanary-sur-mer (French)
Tourist and general information (French)
Sanary-sur-mer local information (French)
Sanary-sur-mer history (French)
Frederic Dumas Historical Diving Museum
Fontvive – Village of bungalows in Sanary
Sanary-sur-mer restaurants and cafes
Sanary-sur-mer Local Links