In the heart of a Mediterranean forest, unique rustic Provence style bungalow for rent. Located 10 minutes walk from Port-Issol beach, this bungalow would let you experience Provence senses and lifestyle.
#SouthOfFranceRental #ProvenceCoastVacation #VacationRental
Do Not Miss! On August 24 and 25, American cars will be displayed in Le Brusc
More than 250 collectible cars will be displayed through the week-end.
The event will include an American market with Sun Vintage and U.S. stands, parade ofcars along Harley Davidson, rides for the public, a parade of pinups and the election of “Miss Pinup Brusc”, Rock and Country Music bands performance, form.
More information at Comité de Liaison des Associations Bruscaines
- Provence holiday is just a unique experience to live. Discover the Official Vaucluse tourism website
- The Blue Walk – Unique walking vacations along the French Riviera
- Var Village Voice – Monthly subscription magazine covering news and events all over the Var region plus entertaining articles
- Provence Post
- Halong Bay Cruises Darian Culbert – Halong Bay Cruises Expert! Please explore my website or contact me if you are not sure what cruises to travel with in Halong Bay, Vietnam
- Airports in Spain
Looking for car hire Spain, use our search engine to get best deals for your destination in Spain
Web services partners
- Frederic Dumas Historical Diving Museum – Video
- Map of residences of German and Austrian artists and intellectual exiled (1933-1945)
An unique place on the Provence coast, is the little fishing town of Sanary-sur-mer. Its climate, location, history, culture and lifestyle make it an ideal choice to start discovering the coast of Provence.
Sanary – Facts of interest
- Greeks and romans had trading posts in the gulfs around Sanary-sur-mer. The surrounding beaches are rich in archeological vestiges and ruins (i.e:Port Issol)
- Intellectual and artists took refuge in Sanary-sur-mer between 1st and 2nd world wars – B. Brecht, T. Mann… lived in still existing houses in Sanary-sur-mer. Other famous anglo-saxon writers have spent time in Sanary. Amoung them, Aldous Huxley who wrote Brave New World (1932) in 4 months in La Gorguette area in Sanary-sur-mer
- Sanary is considered as the birth place of modern scuba diving and underwater movies. F. Dumas, P. Tailliez and J.Y Cousteau, also known as 'Mousquemers', experimented modern scuba diving equipment and made famous underwater movies in the sea around Sanary-sur-mer (Port Issol, Bandol bay).
- Sanary-sur-mer is known for its unique wooden fishing boats
- Some of the eldest wineyeards (dating from roman empire) can be found in Bandol, Le Beausset, … few miles west of Sanary-sur-mer.
Official site of the city of Sanary-sur-mer (French)
Tourist and general information (French)
Sanary-sur-mer local information (French)
Sanary-sur-mer history (French)
Frederic Dumas Historical Diving Museum
Fontvive – Village of bungalows in Sanary
Sanary-sur-mer restaurants and cafes
Sanary-sur-mer Local Links
Jacques Cousteau, Frederic Dumas and Phillipe Thailliez have been the pioneers of modern diving and they started and developed their technics and skills in the waters of Sanary-sur-mer and Bandol. The Frédéric Dumas International Diving Museum in Sanary-sur-mer contains unique collection of original diving equipments used in the adventure of modern diving
- Frédéric Dumas International Diving Museum – http://www.scuba-museum.com/
- New belvedere commemorating the “Mousquemers”: Cousteau, Dumas and Thailliez – View some pics of the inauguration at http://www.toutsanary.fr/musee
- Diving in the Mediterranean Sea
Sanary sur Mer
Port Issol Bay Underwater
- Cap Plongee (La Coudouliere) – http://www.blogger.com/www.capplongee.com
- Ghost Sea – http://www.blogger.com/www.ghostsea.com CPIE – http://www.blogger.com/www.clubplongee.net
- Littoral Bleu Aventure (snorkeling, aquatic discovery) – http://www.blogger.com/www.littoral-bleu.com
La Seyne sur Mer
- Au Marin Plongeur – http://www.blogger.com/www.aumarinplongeur.fr
- Hippocampe – http://www.blogger.com/www.hippocampe.com
Diving Sites – Islands
- Bendor Island – Off Bandol Coast This small island, 7 minutes by boat from Bandol, is the hosting place of the smallest harbor on the Mediterranean.
- Embiez Island The Embiez archipelago is a jewel of the Mediterranean with 95 ha of forest, vineyards, 'garrigue' and gardens. It is located 10 minutes by boat ride from Le Brusc harbor in Six-Fours-les-Plages, and 20 minutes from Sanary.
- Port-Cros, Le Levant and Porquerolles